Wednesday 1 February 2017

Hello Lovely



Wow. I think i've found my new favourite stamp 💕

This 'Hello Lovely' stamp by Concord&9th is so versatile; i have created many different designs for notecards. It is the perfect image for colouring in and painting. Let me show you some of my designs...




In the above pictures you can see that i have created 3 different designs using the same stamp! The blue/purple tone flower is just coloured in using Zig Brushables and then i have gone over the main flower with a Wink of Stella Clear Glitter pen. The light pink and yellow design is stamped with what i call a 'messy technique'. I basically used the other images in the 'Hello Lovely' set which created a water coloured effect. I was a bit concerned at first though, as none of the images fitted the original stamped image and didn't look right. However, it is now my favourite design as i think it looks artistic! The last design with the red coloured flower is watercoloured.  I simply coloured my Zig Brushable Markers into a paint palette and used a water brush to dilute the colour giving a watercolour look. I also used distress ink in my palette. The red colour of the flower is actually 'Abandoned Coral' from the Tim Holtz Distress Ink collection. 



The next design (image above) i made into a card. I used the Zig Brushables and waterbrush for a water coloured effect. I used purple tones and different shades of greens for the leaves. I added a tag to the top left corner of the card made from purple card stock and a Sizzix tag die. I used hemp to tie a pretty bow on the tag and used foam squares to adhere the tag to the card. I also die cut a 'Happy Birthday' sentiment in light purple cardstock, but it got lost when i put it on top of the floral image. Therefore, i ended up dotting the die cut with a dark purple zig marker and then colouring over it with another purple which created quite a cool effect. 




Now, this card is my favourite! It looks so organic and natural. I used the lightest colours of my zig brushable markers to colour the floral image in and then used glitter Wink of Stella in the centre of the big flower and on the smaller leaves. I also dotted the centres of the flowers with Silver Dovecraft 3D Pearl Effects. For the inside of the card, i used thick white cardstock, stamped the 'Hello Lovely' image in the corners using Versamark Sepia ink and then coloured it in using Windsor and Newton Brushmarker in the Y129 Satin shade. Lastly, I die cut the carstock with Lawn Fawn stitched rectangles and adhered it to the inside of the card using Crafters Companion roller glue. 


For the last design, i simply inked the stamp using 3 colours of Distress Ink carefully trying not to overlap too much. The shades i used were Peacock Feathers, Abandoned Coral and Picked Raspberry. 

I plan to make so many more cards with this stamp! I think it would be great to make loads of notecards for a gift for someone. 

I hope you've enjoyed this post and i would love to hear which design is your favourite! Also, please share your own designs using this stamp set.


As always you can find us at:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/TheLastManCrafting

No comments:

Post a Comment